Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Texas Tradition

Every spring it is a Texas tradition to take a family photo in the wildflowers. They are spectacular this year due to a very cold and wet winter.

The Pasta kids headed towards Chappell Hill's Bluebonnet Festival on Sunday. Apparently everyone in Houston decided to go too. Near one fantastic field near Hempstead we sat in traffic on the highway for 20 minutes. (Ahhh reminders of evacuating!) I don't know if people were slowing down to look at the pretty fields of flowers or at the nearly 100 carloads of people who pulled over on the side to frolic through the fields.

Field of Bluebonnets from a moving car. (No, I wasn't driving.)Pasta II family in the flowers.FlowersDave and Joe at the festival. They often call each other to make sure they match.Sean saying, "Please Aunt Jo, I want some of your lemonade!"We didn't really stop to take pictures of the great fields, but look for more photos next weekend. If it doesn't rain, I plan on trekking the back roads of east Texas in search of the perfect field of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment